Explore in Grand Style…Discover Pauanui at Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort
Pauanui Beach is only a short stroll from Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort. With 3km of golden sand, Pauanui Beach is one of The Coromandel’s most popular coastlines. The picturesque landscape provides an ideal location for a variety of sporting and leisure activities, including:
- estuary or ocean swimming
- boogie boarding
- stand up paddle boarding
Experience the summer resort style atmosphere of Pauanui village by browsing its high end boutiques and eateries. Tairua is a nearby town offering an eclectic selection of galleries, restaurants and shops and can be accessed via ferry during the summer season. For the dedicated leisure seeker, Pauanui also offers:
- golf courses
- scenic flights
The Coromandel prides itself on excellent hiking trails, many of which are in and around Pauanui. These trails are easily accessed from Grand Mercure Puka Park:
- Mt Pauanui - a steep climb that rewards with remarkable views from the summit.
- Pauanui Tairua Trail - a gently undulating scenic trail following the banks of Tairua River.
- Flat Rock Walk - an easy walk through native bush and along Pauanui Beach’s rocky shoreline.
The Pinnacles Walk and Broken Hills walking tracks are driving distance from Grand Mercure Puka Park, offering some of the most spectacular scenery on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Grand Mercure Puka Park provides the perfect central location to enjoy The Coromandel’s “must do” activities, all within an hour driving distance from Pauanui.
- Hauraki Rail Trail - Grade 1 cycle trail, suitable for all ages and abilities. Enjoy scenic day rides or multi-day tours.
- Cathedral Cove - Accessible only on foot, boat or kayak, famous Cathedral Cove is one of the “must visit” sites on The Coromandel.
- Hot Water Beach - Popular spot for digging a hole on the beach & soaking in thermal hot water on the beach.