Hikuai School is a beautiful rural school set below the majestic Pinnacles just 15 mins from Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort and next to the meandering Tairua River. They serve the educational needs of students in both Pauanui and Tairua with each location being only a short distance away. They are also proudly the only school that offers a free bus service for students to and from these communities each day.
This year due to unforeseen circumstances the school had to cancel their main fundraiser; The Great Outdoor Expo 2018. This left a huge gap in the schools funds so some eager and energetic locals decided to take up the challenge of not only replacing the past fundraiser but taking it to the next level. Kelly Lawson and a small dedicated group of parents and teachers have arranged and event like no other in Pauanui. A grand ball to be held at none other than the Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort.
Pauanui is a buzz with anticipation for this black tie event and the live auction tables are destined to be a huge success with an amazing range of items up for grabs:
- Creative Images Photo of Pauanui signed by Richie McCaw
- 2x day charter on the Fire Fly commercial fishing boat with skipper
- 1x night accommodation at Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort, breakfast included
- Golfing Package includes 2x nights accommodation, including cooked breakfast, for 4 adults at Wairekei Resort, 4x rounds of golf at Wairakei and 4x rounds of golf at Kinloch Golf Club Taupo
- David Keefe Diamond Pendant valued at $6300
- Omega Men’s Watch valued at $6200
- David Keefe Amethyst & Diamond pendant valued at $1200
- Signed All Blacks Jersey
- All Black Test Package for two nights to Bledisloe Cup at Eden Park for the August 25th 2018
- Yak-52 aerial experience for two in Pauanui
- Original LP of Beatles Abbey Road, Michael Jackson Thriller and Two Sides Of Glen Campbell
- 3 bedroom holiday home in Wanaka for 5 nights